As your state representative in the 129th Legislative District, I look forward to working with many of you in the coming years.
• Attended Pensacola Christian College in Florida.
• Went on to Regent University School of Law in Virginia, where I served on the law review staff and board.
Past Public Service
• Served as a government affairs coordinator at The Rutherford Institute in Charlottesville, Virginia, upon graduating from law school.
• Came to Pennsylvania in 1998 to work with Pennsylvania State Representative Sam Rohrer (R- 128th Legislative District, Berks County), later becoming his Chief of Staff, a position I held for several years. Serving in this capacity allowed me to connect with Pennsylvanians in a positive way and assist them in dealing with the everyday issues in our communities.
1. Replace the school property tax.
This tax is unfair and burdensome to Pennsylvanians, particularly senior citizens whose income rarely increases at the rate the taxes increase. The Commonwealth must replace the current school property tax system with a more stable funding source for our children’s education.
2. Focus on the elimination of the inheritance tax.
This tax often creates problems for loved ones to deal with after the loss of a family member.
3. Bring About Open Government
I am fighting hard to shape new policies and ideas with one primary goal: To deliver a more open and transparent legislative process to the people of Pennsylvania. Many positive changes to our House rules came about as a result of the Speaker’s Commission on Legislative Reform that I served on in the past. I will work to continue making progress on this front.
Current Committee Assignments
• Labor and Industry
• Urban Affairs
Past Committee Assignments
• Aging and Older Adult Services
• Agricultural and Rural Affairs
• Children and Youth
• Game and Fisheries
• Professional Licensure
• State Government
o Chairman, Subcommittee on Government Operations
• Urban Affairs
• House Majority Policy Committee Property Tax Task Force
My wife, Kelly, and I have tried to raise our five children, Dylan, Stephanie, Justin, Andrew and Aaron, to do what is right and to give of themselves. As your state representative, I will strive to be a good role model to them and to the community.
Download A Printable Version Here